Monday, January 26, 2009

The Iron Rod and the Embroidery Needle

Long ago, a small boy named Li Ban was playing when he saw an old lady rubbing an iron rod.He ignored her and continued playing.On the second and third day, she was still there.Finally, on the fourth day he went over to the old lady and asked,"Why are you rubbing that thick iron rod?".The old lady replied,"I need an embroidery needle to do my embroidery, but I don't have one so I am rubbing this iron rod so I can make it into an embroidery needle".Li Ban cried,"How can you rub an iron rod and make so thin that it's actually suitable to become an embroidery needle?!That will take forever!".The old lady absentmindedly said,"Well, that's what you think,but I really do need an embroidery needle, and as there is no place here that sells them, I'll just keep robbing this rod and eventually I'll get one."Li Ban never saw that same old lady again, but he carried that lesson within his heart, and kept reading and writing to become the most famous poet of all time.The End

Moral:1.Have perseverance.

No comments: