Monday, January 21, 2008

Song of the lioness II


Retell
This story is about a young girl named Alanna who has wanted to be a knight all her life. In the forest, she found a Goddess Mother who told Alanna her three fears: The Ordeal of Knighthood, Love and Duke Roger of Conte. She survived the Ordeal of Knighthood and learned to love. She fought many battles to save her friends, though it risked her own life. She also, in the forest, found a mysterious cat named Faithful to whom she could speak. He guided her till her final battle with the Duke and Sorcerer of Conte. She must reveal who she really is to everybody, and defeats the Sorcerer.

Relate Text to Self
In this part of the book when the sneezes hot her, five at once, blinding her momentarily, is like when my friend Emily dared me to smell a dandelion, and I sneezed really badly. I think when Alanna said “I am not afraid!” is like me when I’m stubborn. It was when I was bored of piano, and though I didn’t say the same words, I felt the same way. That’s reason why I didn’t like piano. I really can relate in this book.

Reflect
I wonder in the last book will Alanna survive? Will she go back to Tortall and become a Princess Knight? This book is so interesting that it almost seems it will never end (with the expectation of two other books). Maybe she will survive and live in the kingdom. Now I understand her spirit and caring for others. My friends, particularly Emily, may say it describes me. What a great book!

P.S. You should read the whole series.

Doris

No comments: