Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Archer and the Bird

Once there was a brave and fearless archer who worked for the king. One fine day, he saw a lone bird flying in the sky, and something was sticking out of its beak. After looking at it for a minute or two the archer said to the king,"I bet I can kill that bird without an arrow." The king cried, "Impossible!"So the archer took out a bow without an arrow and strung it.The bird immediately squawked before flying upwards and plummeting down to its death."Amazing! How did you do it?" asked the king. The archer replied,"The moment I saw that bird, I knew it had been wounded. When I looked closer, I saw that it had been struck by an arrow. So if I strung my bow, the bird would think it was an arrow and die." The king said, "You're not only a great archer, but smart too!" The End

Moral:1. Observe carefully and you will get a better solution.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting story. I think the bird died because she lost too much blood...